The De Morgan Collection
Comprising 56 beautiful, jewel-like paintings and 600 expert drawings and sketches by the feminist Victorian artist Evelyn De Morgan (1855 – 1919) and 600 examples of fine lusterware and Islamic- inspired glazed ceramics by her husband, the brilliant and innovative member of the Arts and Crafts circle, William De Morgan (1839 – 1917), the De Morgan Collection is the largest, most comprehensive collection of De Morgan artworks in the world.
The Collection is owned by the De Morgan Foundation, an independent registered charity which receives no government funding and relies on the generosity of its supporters to carry out its core activities, caring for the Collection, offering public access to these exquisite artworks, and its research and educational activities.
By becoming a De Morgan Patron you will enjoy a very special, personal engagement with the Collection and Curator.
Patrons enjoy a range of benefits tailored to their individual interests, including:
- A personal welcome and an invitation to a Curator-led, private behind-the-scenes visit to the Foundation’s archives and the Evelyn De Morgan drawings collection.
- Free entry to our long-term loan venues and an introductory welcome tour by the Curator, by arrangement.
- Invitations to De Morgan Foundation private views and opening receptions, plus guest.
- An invitation to an annual private drinks reception with the Curator and Trustees at one of the De Morgan venues, plus guest.
- Priority booking for all ticketed events.
- Subject to agreement, acknowledgement of Patrons Circle status on the De Morgan Foundation website and in the De Morgan Foundation annual report.
- A quarterly news update on the De Morgan Collection and the Foundation’s activities.
- The opportunity to ‘adopt’ a specific artwork to ensure its long-term care, conservation and public display, to be acknowledged in the collection catalogue, in the annual report, and near the artwork itself (where possible).
- The opportunity to help the Foundation with new acquisitions to the Collection, with conservation work, and with support for temporary exhibitions, touring exhibitions, and educational projects by the Foundation.
Patrons make a suggested annual contribution of £500. To join the De Morgan Patrons Circle contact Sarah Hardy: email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)1483 600 823