If you would like to support us by giving your time to help the Foundation, we’d love to hear from you.
Volunteer tour guiding is a wonderful way to learn more about William De Morgan, Evelyn De Morgan and the artwork in the collection and bring them to life for our visitors.
There are opportunities to volunteer for the Foundation at all three of our partner museums, Cannon Hall in Barnsley, Watts Gallery – Artists’ Village in Surrey and Wightwick Manor in Wolverhampton.
Please contact the De Morgan Foundation’s Curator, Sarah Hardy, for more information: email@example.com | 01483 600823
The Foundation’s office is based at the Watts Gallery, Artists Village in Surrey. We have volunteering opportunities for people with the following interests and skills or those who are looking for experience working in museums:
- Museum education
- PR and marketing
- Events planning and management
- Collections management and curatorial
What you can expect from us
- An induction explaining what we do and how volunteers fit within the Foundation, to help you meed the standards expected from volunteers
- Training on the processes, procedures, software, and equipment necessary to perform your role, including health and safety, safeguarding, and equality and diversity policies, collection management systems as appropriate
- Regular hours to contribute to the running of the Foundation (usually Tuesdays or Wednesdays) and regular briefings and information about the work of the Foundation
- Experience of managing a large collection of artworks, open to the public, in a museum setting
- Opportunity for professional development if desired (e.g. additional collections management work, managing Foundation loans)
Examples of Volunteer activities include:
- General administrative work, dealing with public enquiries, correspondence, filing, record keeping
- Collections management
- Creating content for social media and the Foundation’s website
- Merchandising, ordering stock, dealing with invoices, order fulfillment, developing new lines
To apply, please complete the application form below and return it to De Morgan Foundation’s Curator, Sarah Hardy, who can also be contacted for further information.
firstname.lastname@example.org | 01483 600823